Do you want to know how to lose belly fat in 6 weeks? We have the tips that can help you achieve your goal of getting a flat stomach. If you’re tired of looking at those love handles or always feel like there’s a spare tire around your middle, this article is for you!
Top Tips to Lose Belly Fat in 6 Weeks
Belly fat, or visceral fat, is the most dangerous type of body fat. It can lead to a number of life-threatening conditions including heart disease and diabetes. The good news is that there are many ways you can lose belly fat in 6 weeks!
Below we will outline some tips on how to get rid of stomach weight quickly:
1. Avoid Sugary Drinks
In order to lose belly fat in 6 weeks, you must avoid sugary drinks. Sugary beverages are a leading cause of obesity and belly fat. If you want to know how to lose stomach weight quickly, don’t drink anything with sugar!
Some of the worst drinks that contain lots of sugar are soda, fruit juice and sports drinks. It’s best to drink water or unsweetened tea instead of sugary beverages.
2. Cut Out Simple Carbs
Simple carbs are often found in processed foods like white bread, sugar and sodas. These types of carbohydrates can make you feel hungry again soon after eating them.
The best way to start cutting out simple carbs is by removing any processed food from your diet for at least one week.
If you’re able to get through this step then the next time you go grocery shopping cut out all processed foods that have a label on it with more than three ingredients listed on the package.
Some examples are chips, cookies, crackers etc…
Make sure to read labels carefully as many times these items list sugars or starches in their ingredient lists but may not be labeled “sugar” or “starch.”
Brown rice a great substitute for white rice and is much healthier.
Quinoa can be used in place of breads or pastas if you are unable to give up carbs entirely.
Another important way to avoid simple carbohydrates is by drinking water instead of eating sugary drinks like sodas, juices, sports drinks etc…
You will find that the more water you drink throughout the day the less hungry you’ll feel between meals.
Sometimes it’s hard to make healthy choices when there are so many unhealthy options around us but with a little creativity and effort we can still enjoy food while losing belly fat!
Recommended reading – Do carb blockers work for weight loss? Is taking a carb blocking supplement going to help you lose weight and reduce body fat?
3. Eat More Protein
Protein is the most important macronutrient for losing belly fat. When you consume protein, your body breaks it down into amino acids and these are used to build muscle mass.
The more muscle you have on your stomach, the better shape that area will be in.
To eat enough protein without breaking the bank, try meat substitutes like soy burgers or low-cost proteins such as eggs, beans or lentils.
An inexpensive way to bulk up the protein in your diet is by adding a tablespoon of peanut butter at breakfast, and eating more beans with lunch or dinner.
4. Eat Fat to Lose Fat
The idea that fat is bad for you has been debunked by leading health organizations.
Fat can be good for your overall health, especially when it comes to belly fat- the kind of stomach fat we want to lose around our middle!
Check out these tips and tricks on how eating healthy fats might help us get rid of belly fat in 6 weeks:
- Start the day with a high-fat breakfast: We want to get off on the right foot for our 6 week belly fat loss journey. Eating fatty foods in the morning will help keep us full and satisfied through most of the day, reducing cravings and overeating later on.
- Toast topped with avocado oil or coconut butter is an excellent way to start your day! For a more filling option, try scrambled eggs with bacon or sausage. Did you know that when we consume willpower fats like these early in the morning, it actually boosts serotonin levels? This makes us feel calmer throughout the rest of our busy days.
- Eat healthy fats before workouts: If weight training is part of your workout routine, reach for some healthy fats before you start.
- Avocado, olive oil and coconut butter are all excellent choices for pre-workout snacks. These foods contain healthy fat that will help your body absorb nutrients more efficiently.
- Use healthy oils in cooking: When it comes to eating out or preparing food at home, using the right type of fat can make a big difference on your waistline! Try swapping animal fats with plant-based alternatives like avocado oil, extra virgin olive oil*, or coconut butter. You’ll still get plenty of satisfying flavor without adding belly fat back into your diet! A word of caution – Extra Virgin Olive Oil is not recommended for those taking Statin medications as this may inhibit absorption of certain important vitamins needed by the heart. If you take any prescription
5. Eat More Foods With Fiber
The key to losing belly fat is to eat foods that contain fiber. Fiber fills you up and provides a sense of fullness so you are less likely to overeat or binge on unhealthy snacks.
In fact, eating enough high-fiber foods can help reduce belly fat in 6 weeks by preventing carbs from converting into more body fat. High-fiber foods include:
- Bran cereal (oatmeal) with low sugar content
- Whole grain wheat breads
- Oatmeal made with water instead of milk
- Pasta dishes without sauce
- Salads containing lettuce, cucumbers, fresh fruit and vegetables like carrots and celery sticks
- Vegetable soup without the cream base
- Vegetables like asparagus, broccoli and Brussels sprouts
- Fruits such as apples, oranges or bananas.
The best way to get enough fiber is by adding a fiber supplement into your diet.
Eating fruit is great way to lose weight – but ensure you don’t eat too much.
For many people who do not have time for breakfast in the morning, they can take a high-fiber cereal with milk before bedtime so that their body has all of its nutrients at night when it will be most efficient in processing these foods then during sleep.
There are also shakes available specifically designed to help you lose belly fat faster and keep cholesterol levels low while providing lots of vitamins and minerals too!
One day per week can include heavier meals which contain more calories but less nutritional value because research shows that fasting is good for the metabolism.
Gabriella Peacock’s GP4:3 diet plan is a low-calorie diet plan. It’s a form of intermittent fasting but it works a little differently to similar options such a the 5:2 Diet and Eat-Stop-Eat.
6. Track Your Food InTake – Keep a Diary
Log your meals and snacks to track the nutritional value of what you’re eating.
Evenings are a good time for this because it might influence breakfast choices in the morning. Your food diary might look something like this:
Breakfast: Breakfast cereal with skim milk and a banana
Morning Snack: Apple, celery sticks, peanut butter sandwich on whole wheat bread
Lunch: Garden vegetable soup with crackers; cucumber slices and carrot stick (side salads)
Afternoon Snack: Handful of almonds from home or store bag at work. Chocolate chip cookie for dessert
Dinner Options – Tuna salad made by mixing tuna in mayo, onions, peppers etc; pasta tossed with tomato sauce and fresh vegetables (carrots/cauliflower etc.) topped with mozzarella cheese or garlic shrimp over angel hair pasta. Or spaghetti pie made using lean ground beef brown.
You can even go further and make a note of the calories for each item.
7. Exercise More
Exercising is the real key to losing belly fat in 6 weeks. Exercising not only burns calories, but it also helps to control appetite and release endorphins that will make you feel better while working out.
You can start by doing some light exercise for just 20 minutes a day-any type of activity is good!
You don’t have to train like an Olympian or spend hours in the gym. It’s about finding activities you enjoy and are able to do on a regular basis-like going backpacking with your friends or playing basketball at lunchtime. Aim for 150+ minutes per week (20 min/day x 6 days)
*Don’t forget: The more active we are during our waking hours, the less time we spend inactive throughout the rest of our day.
Try to alter your routine and spend less time being sedentary. Get up from your desk and walk around the office, take a break for stretching during TV commercials or try taking an active lunch break to do some yoga in the park
Don’t forget about nutrition! What we eat can either help us lose belly fat by fueling our body with healthy nutrients that produce energy versus empty calories which lead to weight gain.
Lose Belly Fat in 6 Weeks Summary
We have learned that a combination of watching what we eat and drink has an effect on our waistline. As does exercise and mobility.